Pujya Swami Viditatmananda Saraswatiji’s Sahasra Candra Darśana Celebrations
Pujya Swami Viditatmananda Saraswatiji has been teaching Vedānta Prasthānatrayī and Prakaraṇagranthas for last 40 years in Ahmedabad, Gujarat and other cities in India, as well as in foreign countries. Having seen almost 3 generations of seekers, Pujya Swamiji has been blessing all the seekers, not only through the discourses on Vedānta, but also through his presence, as Pujya Swamiji is a living inspiration to the young and old generation on how to lead a value based life, and being all-inclusive, Pujya Swamiji makes everyone around feel respected, lovable and elevated in his presence.
The year of 2019 marks the completion of 35 years of Pujya Swamiji’s Sannyāsa Dīkṣā, the establishment of Adhyatma Vidya Mandir and the Publication Division of Adhyatma Vidya Mandir, and the completion of 25 years of the establishment of Tattvatirtha Ashram. 2019 is also a special year for Adhyatma Vidya Mandir devotees as it marks the completion of Pujya Swamiji’s 80th birthday. Pujya Swamiji completed 80 years this April 17th, 2019. The 80th birthyear holds a special significance in Vedic Culture, in that the person is supposed to have seen 1000 full moons. The Vedic rituals associated with Shatabhishekam are performed after completion of 80 years, 8 months and 8 days.
For all these reasons, the year 2019-2020 is very significant for the seekers at Adhyatma Vidya Mandir. During this entire year, various Shastriya Yajñas, Shastra Pārāyaṇa, Discourses by Mahatmas, Bhandara for Sadhus as well as Cultural Programs have been organized at Tattvatirtha Ashram. The whole and sole purpose of all these programs is to celebrate our Pujya Guruji, Pujya Swami Viditatmananda Saraswatiji’s birthday. Adhyatma Vidya Mandir and Tattvatirtha Ashram invites you to participate in these events for the celebration of Pujya Swamiji’s Shatabhishekam and get his blessings for your spiritual journey.
April 17 2019 Swamiji
April 17 2019 Evening Celebration
April 17 2019 Prashnopanisad Drama
April 19 2019 Hanuman Jayanti
May 1 2019 Navchandi Homa
Jan 21 2019 Gandhi Vandana
The life of a Mahatma
The life of a Mahatma is a source of inspiration for a seeker in the journey of self-discovery. When the seeker looks at the life of a Mahatma, every bend, every achievement, every struggle in the life of the Mahatma, as though motivates the seeker to grow as a person in his or her own journey of self-knowledge. Pujya Swami Viditatmananda Saraswatiji’s extraordinary journey from being an engineer in US to one of the most highly accomplished and respected spiritual teachers, and indeed a rare Mahatma, is a remarkable one.
Pujya Swami Viditatmanandaji' s extraordinary transformation from a normal worldly person, in this case a mechanical engineer working in New York, to evolve into a Mahatma, took in the space of a few years within a lifetime. Swamiji came to the US for higher studies and obtained MS in Mechanical Engineering from the North Dakota State University. He was working in New York when he attended talks by Pujya Swami Chinmayananda Saraswatiji. He was then a young man of age 37, and was so taken by the vision of Vedānta that against the wishes of his loving family, he gave up his job and enrolled in the 2½ years course conducted by Pujya Swami Dayanandaji in Sandeepany Sadhanalaya in Mumbai in the year 1976. After the course, Pujya Swami Dayananda Saraswatiji asked the then Brahmachari Sri Swaroop Chaintanya to move to Ahmedabad and start teaching to the local people. Pujya Swamiji was a residential Ācārya for the residential course at the Sandeepany Sadhanalaya in Mumbai during the years 1981-1983. In 1983, he obtained Sannyāsa dīkṣā from Pujya Swami Dayananda Saraswatiji and became Swami Viditamananda Saraswatiji. The Advaitik Sampradāya (a spiritual tradition), bestows upon such a ज्ञानी, Mahatma, freedom to choose a life style, a life of solitude or continue to be active in the world. Following the footsteps of his Gurujis’, Pujya Swami Chinmayanandaji and Pujya Swami Dayanandaji, Pujya Swami Viditatmandaji also chose the latter, the lifestyle of a teacher-Sannyāsī, for no other reason but to bless the seekers.
Pujya Swamiji, after being given sannyāsa, has steered his life’s focus into two areas. One, his in-depth study of the shastras, and Sanskrit, enables him to teach the subtle truths of the self knowledge to advanced students, and as many as ten of whom have taken sannyāsa. Pujya Swami Viditatmanandaji is revered as a spiritual leader among thousands of people in communities in Gujarat and elsewhere around the world. He relates well to the life of active people, and hundreds of families including both adults and their children have grown with him. One of Swamiji’s special qualities is how he relates to individuals in a totally non-judgmental and loving manner. With his compassionate nature, ability to listen and accommodate everyone in his life, and capacity to bestow fearlessness to everyone around, Pujya Swamiji truly fulfills all the vows of a Sannyāsī.
He teaches several classes each week to the local community at the Adhyatma Vidya Mandir, Tattvatirtha Ashram in Ahmedabad, accompanied by retreats on Vedānta, and several Jñāna Yajñas on Bhagavad Gītā and Upaniṣads in the surrounding cities. He has undertaken several pilgrimages to the renowned temples all over India alongwith groups of seekers. Pujya Swamiji has also been a residential Ācārya for the residential course at the Sandeepany Sadhanalaya in Mumbai during the years 1981-1983. In the 1990s’ when the Arsha Vidya Gurukulam at Saylorsburg, Pennsylvania was fully functional, Pujya Swami Viditatmandaji became the first Ācārya to assist Pujya Swami Dayanandaji in teaching the US students. It is not at all surprising that Pujya Swami Viditatmanandaji’s teachings struck the seekers by his thorough grasp and clear explanation of the principles of Vedānta.
Pujya Swamiji’s roles as a scholar and as a community leader are reflected in the increasing authorship of his books and publications. To date, Swamiji has authored scores of books in Gujarati and English. Pujya Swamiji’s books invariably reflect his assimilated knowledge and devotion for Lord. The language and style used is not only simple to understand but also inspirational to the seekers. Through these books, Pujya Swamiji invariably puts emphasis to imbibe the teachings of Vedānta to make it meaningful in practical life. His books cover wide range of topics from expounding of the Upaniṣads, Bhagavad Gītā and Prakaraṇagranthas, to those on devotion such as Sūktas, Stotras and Upāsanās, as well as management related topics such as Duty and Success, and others, useful to seekers in all aspects of life. One of his remarkable contributions has been a two-volume set of books called ‘Satsanga with Swami Viditatmanda’, a collection of common questions asked in live question-answer sessions during Satsanga in public gatherings. Pujya Swamiji’s words through Gitadarshan are no less than nectar flowing from Lord Nārāyaṇa himself to address the woes of his Bhakta Arjuna in this modern era. Pujya Swamiji’s assimilated knowledge presented through these books gives the seekers satisfaction equivalent of doing Śravaṇaṁ in his proximity. The profound and methodical teachings presented through these publications are Swamiji’s invaluable contributions to the Ādhyātmika Sāhitya not only for the seekers, but also for the Jijñāsu Ācāryas who find these books as guiding texts for teaching.
Such extraordinary achievements by Pujya Swamiji made him a natural choice by Pujya Swami Dayananda Saraswatiji to be assigned the task to guide the Arsha Vidya Gurukulam in Saylorsburg.
Jan 1 2019 Kashiram Hall
May 1 2019 Navchandi Homa
Mar 5 2019 Maninagar Yajna
April 17 2019 Padapuja
Mumbai Values Workshop March 13 2019
April 17 2019 Evening Classical Dance
Shatabhishekam Program List & Details
1. Jnana Yajñas January 2019 to February 2020
- Kashiram Hall Yajña: 30th December to 5th January, 2019 (Gītā Adhyāya 9)
- Baroda Yajña: 26 January – 2nd February, 2019 (Gītā Adhyāya 18 continuation & Bṛhadāraṇyaka Upaniṣad Selected Verses)
- Maninagar Yajña: 5th -12th March, 2019 (Gītā darśana 2)
- Mumbai Yajña: 14th – 20th March, 2019 (Gītā Adhyāya 4 continuation & Bṛhadāraṇyaka Upanisad Selected Verses)
2. April 17th, 2019 Pujya Swamiji’s Birthday Celebrations
- JnanaPradeep – Pujya Swamiji’s Documentary
3. अशीत्यब्दपूर्ति समारोह Aśītyabdapūrti samāroh April 30, 2019 to May 2nd 2019
- Rudra Ekadashi Homa & Udakshanti Pathan: 30th April, 2019
- Janmanakshatra Navachandi Homa: 1st May, 2019
- Pujya Swamiji’s Abhisheka by Acharya Mahamandaleshvara Swami Gurusharnaanandaji Maharaj: 1st May, 2019
- Pravachan by Acharya Mahamandaleshvara Swami Gurusharnaanandaji Maharaj: 1st and 2nd May, 2019
4. Book Releases: January 2019 to February 2020
- Vamana Charitra by Swami Viditatmananda Saraswatiji (January 2nd, 2019)
- Gajendra Moksha by Swami Viditatmananda Saraswatiji (January 28th, 2019)
- Work as Worship by Swami Viditatmananda Saraswatiji (March 7th, 2019)
- Secret of Karmayoga by Swami Viditatmananda Saraswatiji (March 7th , 2019)
- Shivaparadha Kshamapana Stotra by Swamini Vidyaprakashananda Saraswatiji (March 9th, 2019)
5. Homas: January 2019 to February 2020
- Purvabhadrapada Nakshatra Homa – For Pujya Swamiji’s long life and good health (8 Feb, 2019 Rudra Yāga, 7 March, 2019 Dhanvantari Homam, 3 April, 2019 Ayushya Sukta Homam, 28th May, 2019 Durga Homam, 24th June, 2019 Shree Lakshmi Nṛsimha Homam, 21st or 22nd July, 2019 Subramanyam Homam, 17th or 18th August, 2019 Mṛtyunjaya Homam, 14th September, 2019 Maruti Yajña, 11th October, 2019 Medha Dakshinamurthy Homam, 7th or 8th November, 2019 Saraswati Homam, 5th December, 2019 TBD, 1st January, 2020 Avahanti Homam
- Janmashtmi - Sudarshana Homa: 24 August, 2019
- Ganesh Chaturthi – Ganapati Atharvashirsha Homam: 2 September, 2019
- Navachandi: 6th October, 2019
6. Cultural Events: January 2019 to February 2020
- Gandhi Bhajans - 150th Birth Anniversary Celebration, directed by Dr. Mudrikaben Jani: 20th January, 2019
- Shivaratri – RudraYāga, ShivMahimna Pārāyaṇa: 4th March, 2019
- Ramanavmi: 14th April, 2019
- Hanuman Jayanti – Sundarkand Pārāyaṇa, Hanumanji Puja and Archana: 19th April, 2019
- Shankaracharya Jayanti: 9th May, 2019
- Pujya Swamiji’s Sannyāsa Dīkṣā din – Upaniṣad Selected Mantra and Gītā Selected Verses Pārāyaṇa (Ishavasya Upaniṣad, Kaivalya Upaniṣad, Mandukya Upaniṣads– Mantra, Gītā Adhyāya 2: 54 -72, Adhyāya 4: 18-24, Adhyāya 5: 8-29, Adhyāya 12: 13-19, Adhyāya 14: 22-26,): 29th May, 2019
- Tree Plantation : 30th June, 2019 (Collabarative Event: AMC, Adhyatma Vidya Mandir & Shri H. K. Adhyaru Charitable Trust)
- Gurupurnima: 16th July, 2019
- Janmashtami: 24th August, 2019
- Ganesh Chaturthi: 2nd September, 2019
- Sankirtan Parva: 21st-24th December, 2019
- Annual Function: 25th December, 2019
7. Discourses by Mahatmas
- Pravachana on रासपंचाध्यायी Rāsapaṃcādhyāyī by Dr. ShyamSundar Parasharji Sep 9-13, 2019 Download PDF
- Pravachana on वाल्मीकि रामायण प्रधान श्रीरामकथा Vālmīki Rāmāyaṇa Pradhāna `Srīrāmakathā by Swami Sri Govinda deva Giriji: 22nd to 30th November, 2019 Download PDF
8. Prasthānatrayī Pārāyaṇa & Pravachana: September 29 to October 5, 2019 (Navratri)
- Upaniṣad and Gītā Śānkara Bhāṣya Pārāyaṇa (mornings) Download PDF Download PDF
- Upaniṣad and Gītā Pravachana (evenings)
- Vivekchudamani Camp 4– Rishikesh: 13th to 21st October, 2019
- Anubhutiprakasha Camp 8 – Kayavarohan: 5th to 12th November, 2019
10. Shatabhisheka Mahotsava (Shatabhishekam): January 27– February 2, 2020
- Sahasra Modaka Atharvasheersha Maha Ganapati Homam: Jan 27th , 2020
- Rudra Ekadashi Japa Homam: 28th January, 2020
- Sarva Roga Nivarana Suktam, Navagraha Homam, Mrityunjaya Homam and SHATABHISHEKAM by Mahatmas: 29th January, 2020
- Discourses by Mahamandaleshvara Swami Punyanandaji and Mahamandaleshvara Swami Vishvatmanandaji: 27th January to 1st February, 2020
- Bhandara: 2nd February, 2020
- Pujya Swamiji’s Padapuja: 27th January, 2020
- Revised version of grand play ‘Jagadguru Adi Shankaracharya’: 1st February, 2020
- Cultural programs: Dance – 28th January, 2020, Bhakti Sandhya – 29th January, 2020, and other programs: 27th January to 1st February, 2020
April 30 2019 Rudra Shantihoma
April 17 2019 Prashnopanisad Drama
April 17 2019 Birthday Celebrations
May 1 2019 Abhisheka
May 1 2019 Swami Gurusharnanadaji
May 2 2019 Swami Gurusharnanadaji
The Prasthanatrayi Parayana undertaken at Tattvatirtha under the occasion of Pujya Swamiji’s Shatabhishekam celebrations including the recital of all Upaniṣad mantras, Gita Bhasya and Brahmasutra (sutras) indeed filled the atmosphere with a divine energy, and was very well received by all the seekers. The evening sessions included two half hour...
रासपंचाध्यायी Rāsapaṃcādhyāyī consists of the 5 chapters of the 10th canton of Śrīmad Bhāgavatam, the chapters 29 to 34. These chapters primarily describe the Rāsa, the dance that Lord Kṛṣṇa had with the Gopis, and this was planned earlier. Lord Kṛṣṇa had promised the Gopis that he will invite them...