Pujya Swami Viditatmananda Saraswatiji
A Mahatma is one who has gained the ultimate goal of all human beings, that of total joy and immortality through a clear vision of oneself. Such an extraordinary vision, which is appropriately described in the Bhagavad Gītā as आश्चर्य āścarya, wonder, is a rarity, gained with much effort and wisdom by the wise. Pujya Swami Viditatmananda Saraswatiji exhibits all qualities of such a wise person as described in the Bhagavad Gītā, and inspires all seekers with his extraordinary transformation from a normal worldly person into a Mahatma.
Having seen almost 3 generations of seekers, Pujya Swamiji has been blessing all the seekers, not only through the discourses on Vedānta, but also through his presence, as Pujya Swamiji is a living inspiration to the young and old generation on how to lead a value based life, and being accommodative, Pujya Swamiji makes everyone around feel respected, lovable and elevated in his presence.
Pujya Swamiji as a Sannyāsī, has been blessing the lives of seekers and common people alike through his attitude to reach out. One of Swamiji’s special qualities is how he relates to individuals in a totally non-judgmental and loving manner. With his compassionate nature, ability to listen and accommodate everyone in his life, and capacity to bestow fearlessness to everyone around, Pujya Swamiji truly fulfills all the vows of a Sannyāsī. Each moment of his life is a contribution in someone’s life, either as a compassionate figure to alleviate someone’s pain and sorrow, resolving the problems through spiritual and practical advice, addressing the concerns of a seeker, or uplifting the seekers through spiritual discourses on Vedānta, or answering questions and doubts related to spiritual quest of seekers. Pujya Swamiji greatly emphasizes the spirit of Sannyāsa, renunciation, encourages seekers to imbibe or cultivate the divine qualities, and conduct life in a manner which reflects the Vedānta teachings.
As a teacher, Ācārya, Pujya Swami Viditatmananda Saraswatiji has been teaching Vedānta Prasthānatrayī and Prakaraṇagranthas for last 40 years in Ahmedabad, Gujarat and other cities in India, as well as in foreign countries. Throughout the year, Pujya Swamiji conducts daily Vedānta discourses, accompanied by retreats, and Jñāna Yajñas on Vedānta in different cities in India and in foreign countries, and thereby exposes common people to the teachings of Vedānta and ensures seekers’ progress towards the principle quest of life. Pujya Swamiji is able to relate with young and old generations with ease, and is quite popular with the young generation because of his sensitivity to their practical issues. Pujya Swamiji has an amazing talent to tailor the teachings according to the background of the seekers to allow them to relate the teachings in accordance with their common experiences. He personally invests time to understand each seeker, and delivers the discourses in a manner which connects each seeker at an individual level with reference to their background. Thus each seeker in the audience feels connected with Pujya Swamiji during the Vedānta discourses.
Among other significant achievements, Pujya Swamiji has also been a residential Ācārya for the residential course at the Sandeepany Sadhanalaya in Mumbai during the years 1981-1983. In the 1990s’ when the Arsha Vidya Gurukulam at Saylorsburg, Pennsylvania was fully functional, Pujya Swami Viditatmandaji became the first Ācārya to assist Pujya Swami Dayanandaji in teaching the US students. And since 30 years, Pujya Swamiji spends 4 months every year in US giving discourses and conducting retreats in different cities. Pujya Swami Viditatmanandaji’s teachings, and his thorough grasp and clear explanation of the principles of Vedānta, leave the seekers awestruck. Such extraordinary achievements by Pujya Swamiji made him a natural choice by Pujya Swami Dayananda Saraswatiji to be assigned the task to guide the Arsha Vidya Gurukulam in Saylorsburg. His assimilated knowledge is not only reflected in his discourses but also evident in all his publications ranging from expounding on Upaniṣads, Bhagavad Gītā and Prakaraṇagranthas, to those on devotion such as Sūktas, Stotras and Upāsanās, as well as management related topics useful to seekers in all aspects of life, which are a great source of treasure for both seekers and Ācāryas.
Swamini Vidyaprakashananda Saraswati
Swamini Vidyaprakashananda Saraswatiji has been associated with Pujya Swamiji since November, 1979, and has been Pujya Swamiji’s disciple for 40 years. Swaminiji has studied the Vedānta Prasthānatrayī: Upaniṣads, Bhagavad Gītā and Brahmasūtra,and Prakaraṇagranthas and other texts such as Purāṇas, under Pujya Swamiji. She started teaching Vedānta since 1981, and has been unfolding the various Vedānta texts for last 38 years. She used to conduct weekly Bala Vihara classes for children since 1979. She conducts regular Vedānta classes, wherein she teaches the original Vedānta texts with Śānkara Bhāṣya and available commentaries. She also conducts annual retreats. Her unique contribution to our teaching tradition is समूहपारायण अनुष्ठान samūha pārāyaṇa anuṣṭhāna of श्रीमद्भागवत Śrīmad Bhāgavata and श्रीरामचरितमानस Śrīrāmacaritamānasa, मूलपाठ mūlapāṭha, with brief explanations in Gujarati. Teaching of Vedānta accompanied with the study of these devotional texts helps seekers develop integration between head and heart, resulting into emotional maturity. Occasionally she conducts Bala Shibirs for the children, teachings of values for the youth, and public talks, Jñāna Yajñas, for the seekers. Swaminiji has a major role in establishing the audio cassette library and the Publication Department of the Adhyatma Vidya Mandir, and many other activities. She herself also has authored several books including the well-known play on ‘Jagad Guru Śaṅkarācāryajī’. Swaminiji’s teachings invariably reflect her assimilated knowledge and devotion for Narayana. Through her teachings, Swaminiji not only invokes a desire for freedom in the listeners, but also transforms a seeker to a Jijñāsu, with a desire to know.
- Sunday: तैत्तिरीय उपनिषद् Taittirīya Upaniṣad Śānkara Bhāṣya and commentaries, 4:30 to 6pm.Location: 142 Manekbaug Society, Lane Number 12, Gate Number 8, Near Manekbaug Hall, Ahmedabad
- Tuesday and Friday: केनोपनिषद् Kenopaniṣad, Śānkara Bhāṣya and commentary, 7 to 8:15pm. Location: Krishnatirtha, 6/B, Gujarat Siddhartha Society, Dr. Vikram Sarabhai Marg, Near Polytechnic, Ahmedabad
- Note: बृहदारण्यक उपनिषद् Bṛhadāraṇyaka Upaniṣad Śānkara Bhāṣya and commentaries, and associated sections of Brahmasūtra, Monday to Saturday, 7 to 8:30 am, at Krishnatirtha, during the months of May-August when Pujya Swamiji visits USA.
- Annual Retreat: Bhagavad Gītā with Śānkara Bhāṣya and commentaries, 9-10 days retreat, generally around February-March.
- YouTube Channel: Swamini Vidyaprakashananda Saraswati
- Contact Person: Truptibahen V Mistry – 9725018482, 079 26610053
Swamini Swaprakashananda Saraswati
Swamini Swaprakashananda Saraswatiji has been associated with Pujya Swamiji since 1980, and has been Pujya Swamiji’s disciple for the last 39 years. Swaminiji completed the 3 year residential course at Sandeepany Sadhanalaya in Mumbai from 1980-1983, of which Pujya Swami Viditatmanandaji was the residential Ācārya between the years 1981 to 1983. Swaminiji studied most of the Upaniṣads, Bhagavad Gītā, and Prakaraṇagranthas under Pujya Swami Viditatmananaji. Later she also studied Brahmasūtra with Pujya Swami Dayananda Saraswitiji at Rishikesh. Since 1983, Swaminiji has been teaching texts on Vedānta to the local community in Vadodara in Gujarati, Marathi and English. Swaminiji teaches Upaniṣads, Bhagavad Gītā, and Prakaraṇagranthas in Gujarati. She also teaches Marathi granthas like Dasabodh, Manobodh, and others. Swaminiji strongly advocates following traditions and encourages everyone to join the traditional celebration of all festivals. Swaminiji conducts children’s classes every Sunday, and arranges camps and picnics for children in vacation, educating them our culture and traditions. She has also conducted a few short duration retreats on Vedānta. Swaminiji frequently encourages groups of seekers to pilgrimages and holy shrines, where she engages the seekers in traditional worship of the deities, the holy river, etc., through Vedic puja and chanting of Stotras, and thereby invokes the blessings of those deities for everyone’s spiritual pursuit. Through her teachings and devotion, Swaminiji creates in each seeker, a sense of reverence for the totality around.
- Wednesday and Thursday: बृहदारण्यक उपनिषद् BṛhadāraṇyakaUpaniṣad, 7:30 to 8:30 am, Location: ‘Anugrah’, Adhyatma Vidya Mandir, Hardikar Vaidya’s Lane, Dandia Bazar, Piramitar Road, Vadodara - 390001
- Friday and Saturday: सद्दर्शन (रमण महर्षि रचित), 7:30 to 8:30 am, Location: ‘Anugrah’, Adhyatma Vidya Mandir, Hardikar Vaidya’s Lane, Dandia Bazar, Piramitar Road, Vadodara - 390001
- Thursday: Bhagavad Gītā,6:30 to 8 pm, Location: ‘Anugrah’, Adhyatma Vidya Mandir, Hardikar Vaidya’s Lane, Dandia Bazar, Piramitar Road, Vadodara - 390001
- Monday and Friday:श्रीमद् भागवत अन्तर्गत स्तुतिŚrīmadBhāgavataStuti, 6:30 to 8 pm, Location: ‘Anugrah’, Adhyatma Vidya Mandir, Hardikar Vaidya’s Lane, Dandia Bazar, Piramitar Road, Vadodara - 390001
- Wednesday:Manobodh (Marathi),6:30 to 8 pm, Location: ‘Anugrah’, Adhyatma Vidya Mandir, Hardikar Vaidya’s Lane, Dandia Bazar, Piramitar Road, Vadodara – 390001
- BālaSanskāraVarga, Sunday,3:30 to 4:30 pm, Location: ‘Anugrah’, Adhyatma Vidya Mandir, Hardikar Vaidya’s Lane, Dandia Bazar, Piramitar Road, Vadodara – 390001
- Children’s Camps, April – May, for 8 to 10 days
- Picnics and Yatras for young and old at pilgrimages and holy shrines.
- Contact Person:
Shri Virendrabhai Vyas – 0265–2314489;
Kavita vyas– 9427506183
Swamini Paraprajnananda Saraswati
Swamini Paraprajnananda Saraswatiji has been associated with Pujya Swamiji since 1981, and has been Pujya Swamiji’s disciple for 38 years. Swaminiji has studied the Vedānta Prasthānatrayī: Upaniṣads, Bhagavad Gītā and Brahmasūtra, Prakaraṇagranthas, and other texts such as Purāṇas, under Pujya Swamiji. Swaminiji has been teaching Upaniṣads, Bhagavad Gītā and miscellaneous Vedānta texts for the past 25 years. Swaminiji has been teaching Vedānta at Arsha Vidya Gurukulam, Saylorsburg, Pennsylvania and in different cities in USA for the past three years. Swaminiji conducts regular Vedānta classes, and visits USA and other places in India such as Rishikesh, Mumbai, Bhavnagar, and others for public talks as well as retreats on Bhagavad Gītā and other Vedānta texts. A gifted teacher commanding simple, lucid and yet profound style of teaching, Swaminiji is always approachable to the seekers. Through her teachings and practical insight, Swaminiji encourages the seekers to commit to understanding Vedānta and resolve the conflicts by integrating these principles in life.
- Sunday: Discussion on Bhagavad Gītā, 8 to 9 am, Location: Tattvatirtha Ashram, Thaltej
- Tuesday: Bhagavad Gītā, 7 to 8 pm, Location: RamkrishnaSeva Samiti Hall, Maninagar
- Wednesday: माण्डूक्य उपनिषद् Māṇḍūkya Upaniṣad, 10:30 to 11:30 am, Location: Purnananda Ashram, Navrangpura
- Thursday:Bhagavad GītāwithŚānkaraBhāṣya,10:30 to 11:30 am, Location: Purnananda Ashram, Navrangpura
- Friday: पञ्चदशी Pañcadaśī, 7 to 8 pm, Location: RamkrishnaSeva Samiti Hall, Maninagar
- Saturday:उपदेशसार Upadeśasāra, Samutkrsh Academy of Holistic Living, 5:30 to 6:30 pm
- Retreat: Manisha Panchakam, March 20-29, 2020, Location: Rishikesh
- Retreat: Weekend Retreat at Arsha Vidya Gurukulam, Pennsylvania, USA (subject to be decided)
- Retreat: Bṛhadāraṇyaka Upaniṣad, August 2020, Gujarat.
- YouTube Channel:
- Contact Person:
India - Sejal Dave – 9429566860;
USA – Prabodh Parekh – 1 (201) 669-9613; Harit Parikh – 1 (860) 426-0984
Swamini Tatparananda Saraswati
Swamini Tatparananda Saraswatiji has been associated with Pujya Swamiji since 1979, and has been Pujya Swamiji’s disciple for 40 years. Swaminiji has studied the Prasthānatrayī under Pujya Swamiji. Swaminiji completed the 3 years residential course from 1990-1994 at Anaikatti, under Pujya Swami Dayananda Sarawatiji. She has been teaching Vedānta to the local communities at Bhavnagar since 1995, and to the community at Khambhat every month for a week since 2001. Swaminiji teaches the Upaniṣads, Bhagavad Gītāa long with the explanation of the Śānkara Bhāṣya for many of the verses, and Prakaraṇagranthas to these local communities. Swaminiji conducts regular Vedānta classes, retreats every summer at Malsar, Jñāna Yajñas and Satsangas. She has conducted Jñāna Yajñas at Shihor, Dhrangadhra, Surendranagar and Bhavnagar, and has introduced Vedānta and various Upāsanāgranthas to the community members. Swaminiji also conducts classes for children and youth every Sunday, as well as Bal Shibir in vacation, educating them about our culture and tradition. Since 2007, Swaminiji has been conducting Gita chanting competition, every August, for children of 1st to 12th Standards, at Khambhat. Swaminiji has translated two of Pujya Swami Dayananda Saraswatiji’s English books in Gujarati, ‘Anya nu Sancālana’ and ‘Bhagavad Gītā: Mārī Dṛṣṭiye’, and has also transcribed Pujya Swami Viditatmanandaji’s discourses on Kaṭhopaniṣad. On behalf of the AIM for Seva at Bhavnagar, Swaminiji is presently involved in offering acupressure treatment to anyone in need, and distributing buttermilk to the needy in summer. Through her teachings and perseverance, Swaminiji inspires the seekers to attain the divine qualities necessary for a tranquil mind.
- Monday and Tuesday: दक्षिणामूर्ति स्तोत्र with मानसोल्लास Dakṣiṇāmūrti Stotra with Mānasollāsa, 5:30 to 6:30pm, Location: Adhyatma Vidya Mandir, Vidyatirtha Hall, Bhavnagar
- Wednesday and Thursday: Anubhūtiprakāśa (Chāndogya Upaniṣad), 5:30 to 6:30 pm, Location: Adhyatma Vidya Mandir, Vidyatirtha Hall, Bhavnagar
- Friday: Bhagavad Gītā, with occasional Śānkara Bhāṣya for particular Ślokās, 5:30 to 6:30 pm, Location: Adhyatma Vidya Mandir, Vidyatirtha Hall, Bhavnagar
- Note: Every 7 days in a month, the same texts mentioned above are taught to the seekers in Khambhat.
- Sundarakānḍa recital, Saturday, 5:30 to 6:30 pm, Location: Adhyatma Vidya Mandir, Vidyatirtha Hall, Bhavnagar
- Bal Vihar and Yuva Varga, Sunday, 5:30 to 6:30 pm, Location: Adhyatma Vidya Mandir, Vidyatirtha Hall, Bhavnagar
- Gītā Jñāna (Gita Chanting) Competition, around Janmashtami, Paramhamsa Ashram
- Shibir (retreat) for seekers in June, Malsar
- Gītā Pārāyaṇa, onEkādaśī
- Rāma Carita MānasaPārāyaṇa, Chaitra Navaratri
- Durgā Saptīśatī Canḍīpāṭha Pārāyaṇa, Āso Navaratri
- Contact Person:
Bhavnagar: Shri Nirmalsinha Gohil – 9427260884; Shri Bharatsinha Gohil - 9427432472
Khambhat: Dakshaben Khatri – 8849898819; Minakshibahen Patel – 9979480834
Swamini Suprabhananda Saraswati
Swamini Suprabhananda Saraswatiji has been associated with Pujya Swamiji since 1990, and has been studying under Pujya Swamiji for 29 years. She has studied the Vedānta Prasthānatrayī: Upaniṣads, Bhagavad Gītā and Brahmasūtra, Prakaraṇagranthas, and other texts such as Purāṇas, under Pujya Swami Viditatmanandaji. Swaminiji completed the 3 years residential course from 1995 to 1998 at Anaikatti, under Pujya Swami Dayananda Sarawatiji. Swaminiji has been teaching Vedānta since 1999, and for the past 20 years she has been conducting Vedānta classes at various locations in Ahmedabad including Gurukul, Thaltej and Bopal. Swaminiji also conducts the study of Vedānta Prasthānatrayī with a small group of sincere seekers. Swaminiji delivers regular public talks in Ahmedabad and other cities in Gujarat. Every year Swaminiji conducts retreats on Vedāntain Rishikesh and other places in Gujarat, and regular family camps in different locations in Gujarat. Swaminiji is a sincere seeker devoted to knowledge and teaching Vedānta, and greatly emphasizes integrating honesty and other universal values in life. Through her teachings, Swaminiji inspires the seekers to inquire about the principle quest of life and follow the universal values to maintain harmony in life.
To be updated soon.
Swamini Suprabhananda Saraswati - 9824292424
Swami Muktatmananda Saraswati
Swami Muktatmananda Saraswatiji has been associated with Pujya Swamiji since 1987, and has been Pujya Swamiji’s disciple for 32 years. He has studied the Vedānta Prasthānatrayī: Upaniṣads, Bhagavad Gītā and Brahmasūtra, Prakaraṇagranthas, and other texts such as Purāṇas, under Pujya Swamiji. Swamiji attended the residential course at Anaikatti from 2002 to 2005 under Pujya Swami Dayananda Saraswatiji as well as studied the advanced Panini grammar from the Chennai based Pandits with expertise in Sanskrit Grammar. He has been teaching Sanskrit and Vedānta for the past 12 years to the seekers in Ahmedabad and Vallabh Vidyanagar in Gujarat. Swamiji conducts annual retreats as well as gives public talks on Vedānta, and occasionally delivers lectures to specific group of students and professionals. He has also been conducting Bal Shibirs for children aged 6 to 12 years with the intent of inculcating moral values in the life of children. The devotee in Swamiji is evident during the puja and chantings of various Stotras organized as part of traditional celebration of the various festivals. Through his teachings, Swamiji inspires seekers to inculcate universal values for noble, responsible and harmonious living.
- Monday: Bhagavad Gītā, 6 to 7 pm, Location: Samartheshwar Mahadeva, Law Garden Road, Ahmedabad.
- Tuesday: तैत्तिरीय उपनिषद् Taittirīya Upaniṣad,6 to 7 pm, Location: Vishveshwar Mahadev, Satellite Road, Ahmedabad
- Wednesday: पञ्चदशी Pañcadaśī, 5 to 6 pm, Location: Kameshwar Mahadev, Ankur Road, Narayanapura, Ahmedabad
- Thursday: Brahmasūtra, 5 to 6 pm, Location: Nilkanth Mahadev, Ranna Park, Ahmedabad
- Friday: Bhagavad Gītā, 6 t o7 pm, Location: Vishveshwar Mahadev, Satellite Road, Ahmedabad
- Saturday & Sunday: Bhagavad Gītā & Upaniṣad, Paravidya Tirtha, UCO Park Society, Vallabh VidyaNagar, Anand.
- Note: 2nd and 4th Sunday of every month: Adhyatmic subjects, Location: Borivali, Mumbai.
- Annual Retreat: माण्डूक्य उपनिषद् Māṇḍūkya Upaniṣad and Shvetashvatar Upaniṣad, June 2020, Swami Dayananda Ashram, Rishikesh.
- Bal Shibir, May 2020.Contact Dr. Kinnaribahen Dubal for further information.
- Contact Person:
Dr. Kinnaribahen Dubal - 9428604894
Swamini Gurupriyananda Saraswati
Swamini Gurupriyananda Saraswatiji has been associated with Pujya Swamiji since 1983, and has been Pujya Swamiji’s disciple for 36 years. She has studied the Vedānta Prasthānatrayī: Upaniṣads, Bhagavad Gītā and Brahmasūtra, Prakaraṇagranthas, and other texts such as Purāṇas, under Pujya Swamiji.She started teaching since 1989, and every year for the past 30 years, for four months or so when Pujya Swamiji travels to USA, Swaminiji teaches the essence of Vedānta and in particular the teachings of Bhagavad Gītā to seekers both young and old in Mussoorie. Swaminiji has learnt Kriya Yoga from the Kriya Yoga Institute, and taken dīkṣā from Sri Buddha Bose of Calcutta, a disciple of Paramhansa Yogananda. Swaminiji has been greatly influenced by Kakasaheb Kalelakar’s personality and works, and has translated some of his Gujarati books such as Bhagavad Gītā, Smaraṇa Yātrā and Daily Diaries to Hindi. She has also translated some of Pujya Swami Viditatmanandaji’s Gujarati booklets such as Īśvara, Śokana Karaand Ahiṁsā to Hindi. Although Swaminiji is in her ‘90s, she exhibits remarkable energy and fearlessness, and radiates the joy of reaching out to others. Through her presence, Swaminiji inspires the seekers to be contented with oneself through service to others.
Wednesday and Thursday: Bhagavad Gītā, Ch. 10, Hindi, 5:30 to 6:30 pm, Mussoorie
1974 Daily Diary of Kakasaheb Kalelakar: Translating to Hindi.
Swamini Gurupriyananda Sarawatiji - 9099871428
Swamini Brahmapriyananda Saraswati
Swamini Brahmapriyananda Saraswatiji has been associated with Pujya Swamiji since 1998, and has been Pujya Swamiji’s disciple for 21 years. She has studied the Vedānta Prasthānatrayī: Upaniṣads, Bhagavad Gītā and Brahmasūtra,and Prakaraṇagranthas, under Pujya Swami Viditatmanandaji. Swaminiji started teaching since past two years, and has been conducting Vedānta classes on Tattvabodha, Bhagavad Gītā, and UpadeśSāra. She also focuses on inculcating values in children through various children’s activities during the Bāla Saṁskāra Varga. Swaminiji emphasizes the significance of worship of the Lord, and involves the community through the elaborate puja and ārādhanā of all our religious ceremonies during the various festivals. Swaminiji focuses on presenting the purport of Ādi Śaṅkarācāryajī’s Bhāṣya to convey the principle understanding of Vedānta in a systematic and logical manner. Swaminiji is a sincere seeker and devotee committed to knowledge. Her devotion is evident in her sweet voice when she sings the glory of the Lord. Through her teachings, Swaminiji inspires devotion and love for knowledge in seekers, as well as guides children in developing a value for our culture and tradition.
- Sunday: UpadeśaSāra, 10 to 11 am, Location: Aadhya Aries Society Hall, adjacent to Nilamber Grandeur, near Navarachna University, Vasna Bhayli Road, Vadodara
- Thursday: Bhagavad Stotras and Bhagavad Gītā chanting with correct pronunciation and brief meaning, 5 to 6 pm, Location: Aadhya Aries Society Hall, adjacent to Nilamber Grandeur, near Navarachna University, Vasna Bhayli Road, Vadodara
- Friday: Tattvabodha, 5 to 6 pm, Location: Aadhya Aries Society Hall, adjacent to Nilamber Grandeur, near Navarachna University, Vasna Bhayli Road, Vadodara
- Saturday: Bhagavad Gītā
- Sunday: Bāla Saṁskāra Varga ages 5-10, 5 to 6 pm, and ages 11-20, 6 to 7 pm, Location: Aadhya Aries Society Hall, adjacent to Nilamber Grandeur, near Navarachna University, Vasna Bhayli Road, Vadodara
- On Ekādaśī: Bhajans and Kirtan, 4 pm onwards, Location: Aadhya Aries Society Hall, adjacent to Nilamber Grandeur, near Navarachna University, Vasna Bhayli Road, Vadodara
Swamini Brahmapriyananda Saraswati - 9408625700